CRT Labs is a research group operated by the National Association of REALTORS’® Center for REALTOR® Technology. The primary goal for CRT is to track emerging technologies that will affect real estate, educate its members, advocate for the proper use of technology, and innovate when there is a gap between what is needed and what is available.
In 2015, CRT established the R&D lab to investigate smart home/internet of things devices, renewable energy, urban agriculture and building materials, as well as any other emerging technologies as they become evident. CRT is working with NGOs, vendors, national laboratories, universities and government agencies to help promote NAR as an agent for technology research and innovation.
The lab is located on the 4th floor of the NAR Headquarters in Chicago. To schedule a tour, please contact us here.
CRT Labs in the News:
- NBC News – Connected Homes and Cars Can be Difficult for New Buyers to Un-Plug
- USA Today – You’ve bought the house, but the seller controls the lights. Now what?
- Security Intelligence – An IoT Love Story: Always Apart, Never Disconnected
- Yahoo News – Consumers and Realtors® Show Greater Interest in Smart Home Technologies, Certifications
- Fortune – Why Realtors Want to Sell You a Smart Home
- CRTLabs Wins 30k for Charity as Part of Hackathon Team
Stay in Touch!